Hydraulic Modeller (Basingstoke Office)
Odyssey is seeking a Hydraulic/River Modeller with at least 3 years’ experience to join our growing Water team in the Basingstoke office. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team and business. Ideally the candidate should have worked with a range of clients including both private and public sector clients.
The key skills required include:
– Competency in Flood Modeller Pro, Flood Modeller Pro – TUFLOW linked models, ESTRY-TUFLOW linked models and HEC-RAS.
– Hydrological modelling in WINFAP-FEH (Statistical analysis), ReFH2, and application of other hydrological methods.
– Building large, complex hydraulic models in InfoWorks ICM would be an added advantage.
– Skilled use of QGIS and ArcMap, and competency in MapInfo.
– Interpreting results from hydraulic models and preparing technical reports.
– Project management/client liaison and mentoring graduates.
– Building complex hydraulic models in InfoWorks ICM.
Preparing Flood Risk Assessments and Strategic Flood Risk Assessments would also be an added advantage.
Please contact Gerald Guma (Associate Director – Water Team) on 01256 331144 and send your CV to email@example.com
Engineer / Senior Engineer / Principal Engineer – Infrastructure (Basingstoke Offices)
Odyssey is looking for enthusiastic and experienced candidates spanning from Engineer through to Principal Engineer level, with three years’ + civil engineering experience within the development industry. Ideally applicants should be degree qualified, have a good understanding of the principles of highway, drainage and earthworks design, have good presentation and technical writing skills, and the ability to manage their own time to meet project deadlines.
Candidates should have experience and ability in understanding and applying relevant design standards (DMRB, MfS, CIRIA SuDS, SFA, Building regs etc) as well as being experienced in the use of design tools such as Windes/ Civil 3D. Relevant experience should include the planning and detailed design of drainage, highways, flood risk mitigation schemes, Section 278/38 schemes and bulk earthworks cut/fill analysis for mixed use or residential type developments.
If interested, please send a copy of your CV and covering email/ letter to firstname.lastname@example.org